How to keep your four legged friends happy and healthy in this awful weather.
1. If they are turned out with minimal grass put hay daily in the field.
2. To avoid mud fever apply pig oil to there legs before they are turned out.
3. Wash off hoofs when they come in but allow mud to dry on legs then brush off when dry.
4. If you do wash legs ensure all mud is removed using a shampoo then towel dry.
5. Change rugs on a regular basis to avoid rubs.
6. Add oil to there feed to encourage a shiny coat.
7. To avoid cracked and sore heels clean thoroughly then spray with purple spray.
8. Ensure hoofs are kept well oiled.
9. Introduce a lunch time feed with fibre beat if they are loosing weight.
10. Our favourite new product is pink hoof clay from Ecohoof Equine Ireland Pink Hoof Clay contains natural clay and essential oils with penetrating ingredients which can be packed into the hoof to solve that problem! Ideal for hoofs, soles, frogs, hoof walls and white line areas. Can alleviate the symptoms of soft tissue hoof lesions, minor cuts, grazing and bruising. Acts as a protective barrier. 100% natural and eco friendly product.