Numerous yards are looking for grooms at the moment. Here are a few tips on how to become a top international groom.
A few Tips on being a top groom.
– Organisation is essential.
– Being able to lead a team.
– Loyalty to both your rider and there horses.
– A love for the sport, grooming is long hours in all kinds of weather.
– Attention to detail, how the horses look reflects on you.
– Dedicated to your work.
– The only way your turn out skills improve is by practice.
– The ability to deal with owners and sponsors, always be friendly.
– Consider taking your HGV licence.
– Always ask for help and advice if your not sure.
– Discuss with your vets about tips on horse care.
The main point for being a groom is that everyone starts somewhere, yes it is easier to do it if you’ve always owned horses but if you haven’t you can still be a top class groom. Spend time practicing turn out, take work experience with yards, start small and then move onto larger yards.